Monday, September 28, 2009

Freeze


Well, I just got the news that we will be hitting the freezing mark this week in the Magic Valley. The Forecast calls for, "A COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE TUESDAY WILL DROP TEMPERATURES BY 30 TO 40 DEGREES WEDNESDAY FROM TODAY. THURSDAY MORNING WILL BE THE COLDEST OF THE WEEK WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S IN THE VALLEYS AND TEENS AND 20S IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

SENSITIVE PLANTS/CROPS MAY NEED TO BE COVERED TO PROTECT THEM FROM TEMPERATURES AROUND FREEZING BETWEEN 4 AND 7 AM THURSDAY."

A guess this means that it is time for the harvest here in Twin Falls Idaho. Unfortunately, this harvest won't take long. I only have a few tomatoes, maybe 1 squash, some carrots, and maybe my red potatoes. I guess I have one more pumpkin that could be picked but I think it might survive the cold weather.

Happy Harvesting!