Monday, May 19, 2008

Stimulus Package

What are you going to do with the money you get from the "Stimulus Package"?

I know that the government wants me to go and buy a bunch of junk from the stores to help stimulate the economy but for me, I want to do something really really boring with our money. I want to pay off debt. I know, it is not glamorous, it is not exciting, it isn't even interesting and I am probably turning off a plethora of readers by even mentioning it.

We have a couple of other options. We have talked about maybe using it for a family vacation. Maybe using it for a remodel of the bathroom that somehow didn't get finished. Or, just tuck it away for a rainy day and when the fuel prices are lower and take a long drive across the USA to visit some Church Historical sites.

Well, I'm not sure what we will do yet but that money is burning a hole in our checking account and we need to decide what we are going to do with it before we spend it all on Twinkies and Ding Dongs.