Originally, we just wanted to tear up the linoleum and put in tile. That process required us to rip out the toilet and the sink. Since the sink was out, we might as well replace the cabinet. With a new cabinet, we had to get a new sink. With the new sink and cabinet, we would have to paint around the spots that were different from the old cabinet. So, we decided just to paint the whole bathroom. We also found out that the water pipes did not match up with the new cabinet so we had to re-pipe the cold water faucet so that it would not run into the drawers in the new cabinet. Once the new cabinet and sink are in place, the mirror no longer fits above the sink so we need a new vanity mirror. After looking at vanity mirrors, we noticed that it would not match up with the overhead lighting so we will need to install new lights above the mirror vanity. When we put in the new mirror vanity, the current side mirror will no longer open so we will need to take it out, which is embedded in the wall so I will have to put sheet rock over the whole from the old side vanity mirror. Then, after all of that is done, we want to put in a fan which could, in itself, start a whole new batch of issues.
Now I remember why I hate construction projects. The only bonus out of this whole project, (other than having a nice new bathroom) is that I have finally started my own bucket of pipe fittings. My Dad will be proud!