Friday, December 21, 2007

Zoey

My daughter of 8 years has been watching Zoey 101 on TV. I have watched it with her (trying to stay as macho as I can) and have found the show to be clean so we have let her watch. For Christmas I gathered up all of the manly courage I could and walked into a Clair's store to buy her a Zoey 101 Key Necklace. I thought it would be a great stocking stuffer. After this news about Zoey (Jamie Sears), we are no longer allowing are daughter to watch the TV show and we are taking the Key Necklace back to Clair's.

I will bet that Nickelodeon will continue to air Zoey 101 without any regrets. I have heard that they have the whole next season already filmed so it would cost them a lot of money that they have already invested in the program to shut it down now, or to even bring in a new Zoey character. This is all around bad news.

I'm sure glad that I don't have a teenage movie or TV star. It seems that early fame and fortune ruins peoples lives. I guess I'm glad to be living in Po Dunk Idaho working as a computer geek with a mediocre house at the end of a cul-da-sac.

Clint

3 comments:

Melinda said...

No kidding. I was totally in shock when I heard. SHE"S 16. Nickelodeon better do something!!!! They can't have a prego girl prancing around their network. Too bad for her. Mike was telling me that her mom was just about to publish a book on "good parenting" and is getting alot of flack and jokes.
Maybe try Hannah Montana.

Susan said...

What a shame!! I hope everyone complains so they take her off the air. It's the complaints that will make the difference. I hate to see these little girls already trying to wear makeup and flirting around. What happened to the days that 8 & 9 year old girls were interested in paper dolls and sewing???? Oh yeah, that went out of fashion with the 60's. And what's so wrong with living in Twin Falls???? on a culdisac???and being a computer genius????
I could make a long list of people who would LOVE to be where you are. I need to have a tape recorder with me because I get so many compliments about you and your wonderful family!!! You are exactly what Heavenly Father is working so hard to have happen. REJOICE!!! You are blessed above all.

Rachael said...

Rock on Clint!! I totally agree. I asked my kids about zoey101. They never watched it. They like Hannah Montana and Suit Life of Zack and Cody. We actually turned off the satellite and only get channels from a huge antenna that Jeff has rigged up in our attic. Our kids don't have much to watch anymore. Poor things.