Friday, December 21, 2007

Zoey

My daughter of 8 years has been watching Zoey 101 on TV. I have watched it with her (trying to stay as macho as I can) and have found the show to be clean so we have let her watch. For Christmas I gathered up all of the manly courage I could and walked into a Clair's store to buy her a Zoey 101 Key Necklace. I thought it would be a great stocking stuffer. After this news about Zoey (Jamie Sears), we are no longer allowing are daughter to watch the TV show and we are taking the Key Necklace back to Clair's.

I will bet that Nickelodeon will continue to air Zoey 101 without any regrets. I have heard that they have the whole next season already filmed so it would cost them a lot of money that they have already invested in the program to shut it down now, or to even bring in a new Zoey character. This is all around bad news.

I'm sure glad that I don't have a teenage movie or TV star. It seems that early fame and fortune ruins peoples lives. I guess I'm glad to be living in Po Dunk Idaho working as a computer geek with a mediocre house at the end of a cul-da-sac.

Clint