Saturday, March 12, 2011

geocaching

It has been a long long time since I pulled my GPS out of my Swag Box to track down a cache. I've just been so busy with other stuff that I just haven't had a chance to go geocaching. Last week the Scout Master in our ward called me up to ask if I would teach a class about geocaching to the scouts in our ward. I said yes and started to rummage through all of my goecaching stuff.

I found a bunch of stuff that I had almost forgotten about including the fact that I still have a Travel Bug out there in the geocaching world. So, I logged into my Geocaching.com account and checked it out. To my amazement, this little travel bug named "Tree chain" had made quite a few trips around this small world of ours. Below is how many miles this little travel bug has logged and below that is a picture of where it has been.

Tracking History (23,462.8 miles)


Click on the image for a better view.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Whoa!! I bet you didn't expect that.
Pretty cool.
so how does the travel bug work. You still set up a geocache site, they find the bug, take it with them, and replant it for someone else to find...and then the cycle continues? or the one person that found it takes it with him everywhere?