Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Am I alone?

We have some rules in our house. Some we copied from our parents and some of the rules we made up along the way. Eventually these rules will be tested in a variety of ways by our kids and when they bump up against one of these rules, sometimes it hurts and sometimes its hard. Eventually we will get the same response I remember giving my parents, "All of the other kids are allowed to do it". I know that I did this when I was a kids but I just thought it would be interesting to see if it is true. Deanna and I may be the ONLY parents on the planet with such strict rules.

So, in an effort to make myself feel like I am still a nice guy and not a tyrant in my own house, and in an effort to help my kids see that there are other parents out there just as mean as I am, I have decided to create a little poll. It is anonymous so please feel free to TELL THE TRUTH and not select the "correct" answer. If you really do allow it, click that you allow it. Don't sugar coat it. I don't care if your rules are different, I am just interested to know if we are the only ones out there trying to solve these difficult moral problems. If I'm nuts, then I'll have more evidence that I need to be committed.

If you have any poll questions, let me know and I'll add a few.

Here are the questions:

Questions are no longer available.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

that was cool. should i have my friends take your poll? that would add to your results.

analee hirschi said...

I took the poll, even though I don't have kids your age those are some definite rules in our house.
Also about the video of jumping on the tramp, I was a little diappointed that I didn't see you diving over and jumping. maybe next time

Clark Draney said...

Can you add the option of "sometimes" to the question about PG-13 movies? (and now you know my answer, I guess)

The thing about movie ratings is that Keri and I decide what is acceptable, and we re-evaluate "acceptable" all the time, in terms of what we think (hope) is right for our family. We don't rely on the ratings given by Hollywood, because what do they know anyway?

Clint Carter said...

I must say that PG13 movies are very hard to judge these days. Deanna and I went and saw "Something's Gotta Give" and they had a scene with full frontal nudity. I was shocked. We have been really cautious with PG13's after that.

Marni said...

I agree with the 'sometimes' on PG13 movies. Fun poll. Way better than the facebook ones that I don't get why people spend their time answering.

Ammon said...

Which is Yes, and which is No?

Clint Carter said...

The blue is yes, the red is no.

Jayke Blakk said...

Ok, just to make things clear, there are some things wrong with the results. Not to judge or anything, but I'm wondering if you had just LDS responders? If you did, then some may be biased against certain things. If you had total strangers, some LDS and some not, then you might have really accurate results. (Not to say that these are inaccurate.)