Sunday, November 08, 2009

Mormon Whiskey

When I was little, my Dad used to bring home a 2 liter bottle of something he like to call Mormon Whiskey. My Dad would pull out the "Mormon Whiskey" for special sporting events on TV. I remember it being the drink of choice for Basketball games, Football games and Tennis matches. It seemed to be the perfect counterpoint to a bowl of buttered popcorn.



Mormon Whiskey is nothing more and nothing less than a bottle of Grapefruit Soda. I decided to write about Mormon Whiskey because I found myself in Walmart the other day looking for some cheep pop. I usually pick up something like lemon/lime generic soda but something caught my eye. It was a bottle of Grapefruit Soda. I immediately grabbed a couple of 2 liter bottle and took them home with the hopes that the tastes would bring back all of those memories of home. To my surprise, it was exactly as I remember. Sweet, tangy and delicious.

Mormon Whiskey lives again in the Carter Home.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow I haven't thought about Mormon Whiskey in years. It was the soda of choice. One of those fun quirky things about dad. Thanks for the fond memories.

Melinda said...

Love that!!! Squirt and Fresca are very very close. I'll have to get a few bottles at my local Walmart. It really is a great drink!!!

analee hirschi said...

yeah, you don't have to smuggle it in from oregon anymore. I loved mormon wiskey and noone really understood it but us. It truly goes best with popcorn and pizza.