Friday, November 20, 2009

Suspicious dog

I snuck home for a few minutes, because of a cancelled appointment, to grab something to snack on and to start staging my gear for a campout with Andy. When I opened the door I saw the chairs in front of the kitchen area so I knew Jack (our dog) was in the house. I did my normal "Jackster" greeting but didn't find him in his usual spot on his pillow in the corner of the kitchen. I looked around and called his name again. I then heard a "thud, thud" and Jack peaked around the corner from upstairs with those innocent eyes. It looked and sounded very suspicious so I went upstairs to investigate. There was a nice smashed section of the bed (on my side of course) that looked like the outline of one medium sized cockerspanial. I touched the indention with my hand and the spot was warm. AARRGGHH!





JACK HAD BEEN SLEEPING IN MY BED!!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Dogs are like another kid in the house, always trying to sneak one over on you.
We went to church today, let Rio out while we were gone. By the time church started our neighbors came up to us to say that Rio was already out of the yard. So, mike ran home and had to TIE him up. aUGHGAHAGUGAUGAH. Just when we think he's got the right idea.......he blows it. Sounds like a teenager.

analee hirschi said...

at least he didn't piddle... that is one smart dog to find the confies spot in the house.

Tiffany said...

You know how the best naps are always on your parents' bed? Must hold true for dogs too.

Wendy said...

Our dog usually sleeps curled in the middle of our bed but I recently discovered him all sretched out lengthwise on my side with his head on my pillow. It looked so funny that I ran for the camera but he jumped up and followed me. Oh well.

Ammon said...

:) Well, just be glad he didn't give you the "wet treatment!"

Susan said...

It is that "innocent" look that kills me. You can practically read the "who me?" or the "I got lost on the way to MY bed" look. They are like having a perpetual 2 year old. Good luck with that!