Friday, August 08, 2008

Outdoor article

So, we have been encouraging Coby to write as much as possible so I decided one day to contact my friend that works at the local newspaper to see if there was something that Coby could type up that might make it into the newspaper. He informed me that sometimes they will have small articles published in the Outdoor section. This was great news because Coby was just about ready to head up to Scout Camp. Before Coby left, we gave him an assignment to write something about an event that happened while being outdoors at Scout Camp. Well, I am sorry to say that I was very skeptical that this assignment would remain in his longterm memory. To my surprise he marched home from camp and typed up a nice little article. I went in to the local paper and asked if he could submit it as an Outdoor article and they gave me their email address. I rushed home to make sure Coby shined up the short story so it could be emailed to the editor.

Well, as of yet, we haven't see his work published. I'm not sure that they ever will so I am going to publish it in my blog. The editor did think writing was good but, he just wasn't sure he would have enough room to fit it in. If it does make the paper, you will be the first (or second) to know.

Here is the link to the paper he wrote. Coby's Hawk Story