Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dreaming

I don't know why but this past week or so I have had the curse of going to bed and dreaming about work. Now, if my work was to sit on a beach and sip a frosty ice cold A&W Root Beer, then I really wouldn't be complaining. But, I have been stressing about a couple of very important server installations and so I have been dreaming about that all night long. I'll get up and go get a drink of water in the hopes that my brain will focus on something else before my eyes shut and my dreams take over. Therefor, instead of having a nice restful night sleep, I find myself with clenched jaws and worry marks on my face the minute I wake up in the morning. AARRGGHH! I hate that.

5 comments:

analee hirschi said...

I used to do that all of the time. the worst is when I was living with Tiff and I was working at a grocery store and I tried to scan her in my sleep. Sorry about your sleep

Marni said...

I try to remember to put my iPod near my bed before going to sleep so if I wake up and can't get something out of my head I put on nice music or a conference talk. Puts me right to sleep. :)

Melinda said...

Big Bummer. Try dad's static idea or listening to the Spanish radio station.....oh yeah, you speak Spanish. Ok, listen to the Japanese channel.

Tiffany said...

Spend 2 hours before bed playing tetris and then all you will dream about is lining up boxes to complete lines. It works for me everytime.

Susan said...

My suggestion is to read something spiritual just before sleep and then it's either angels that attend your sleep or thoughts of repentance that keep you occupied. I think it is really amazing how the brain functions during sleep. Sometimes weird stuff pops out that you'd never think of during the day. I also like the iPod idea. I use it especially when I have worrisome times. Get that guitar music by Michael Dowdle...perfect for calming.