Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still got it? NOT!

Last night I decided to run over to the church and see if our ward was scheduled for a basketball game. When I got there, I found a number of young men just shooting around at both ends of the court. I quickly rallied them together and started a game.



I held my own against these youngsters and even scored a couple of points. One of which was a 3 pointer.

After several long minutes of play, the "pickup" game ended and the adults began warming up. Our ward only had 2 people (including myself) show up to play. We grabbed some guys that were there waiting for the next game and filled the rest of the slots in our 5 man game.

The game was fast and physical but I held my own against these younger men. At the end, I was exhausted but still felt good about playing in both games. I don't know if I still have it, but it sure felt good to be out there showing them my moves.