Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Incentive

This next week we will be demonstrating our Pinewood Derby cars at a Cub Scout activity. I am encouraging all of the Ventures to wear their new Crew Uniform to the event. I was really struggling with how I could get the Ventures to wear their uniform to activities. I was talking with my sister over the weekend and she gave me a suggestion. I know it sounds a little "sophmoric" but she thought I might be able to offer a reward for wearing our crew shirts. I don't know what the reward could be but it would have to be something significant to the ventures. Something they would all want to receive. It would also have to be inexpensive so that it would not be too much of a burden on the Crew budget.

So, I am trying to think of items that would motivate our Crew Members into action. Movie Tickets, ski lift tickets, a coin, a staff, a gps. Hummmm, I don't know. I'll keep thinking about it and see if I can come up with something that would fit perfectly into this situation.