Sunday, January 08, 2006

Motivating the advisors

Today I will be having a meeting with the advisors to try and get us all marching in the same direction. I want them to catch the vision of how we could be organized and what we should be doing with these boys. Right now, I think we just need the leaders to start being a good example. There have been times when the advisors will not be on their best behavior which causes the boys to follow. I really want the boys to become great men so they need an example to follow. I'm not saying that we can't have fun, the boys will not stay in the program if they don't have fun, but there is a time to have fun and a time to be serious and mature. We just need the leaders to show when and where it is time to be mature.

There is alot of potential in my group of advisors. Two of them have expressed interest in Woodbadge this year. I think it would be a great thing to see them go. I would, however, like them to go with the right attitude and spirit or the experience could be ruined. They need to go with the attitute that they will make the best use of this time and to try and be the best while they are there. Again, have fun but know when to step up and be mature.

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens after the meeting.